Goal Fest 3v3 Laws of the Game
Goal Fest 3v3 soccer laws are different from regular soccer. Coaches, players and parents, please read and understand them before you come to the fields for the games.
Games Length: 24 minutes long with 2 halves that are each 12 minutes long. 1 minute break between halves. Switch sides at the half.
Players: Only 3 players from each team on the field. Teams can play with 2 players. Maximum of 5 players per team.
Goalkeepers and Goal Tending: NO GOALKEEPERS and NO GOAL TENDING. This means players may not remain or "camp out" in the goal box (the small square in front of the goal). Players can move through the goal box, can be in the goal box while contesting a ball that is in or is entering the goal box, can be in the goal box for free kicks within 5 yards of the goal, and can be in the goal box during corner kicks.
Players camping out in the goal box will be told to stop doing so. If they continue to camp out in the goal box an indirect free kick will be awarded to the other team at a spot that is five yards from the goal.
Substitutes: Either team can substitute at any stoppage (dead ball) in play, substitutes must enter at half way line only after referee calls them on. NO SUBSTITUTIONS ON THE FLY.
Kicks: Kicks include Kick-off, Kick-ins, Free Kicks (both direct and indirect kicks under normal rules), Goal Kicks, Penalty Kicks, and Corner Kicks. The Rules for Kicks are:
- Except for corner and penalty kicks all kicks are indirect ( YOU CANNOT SCORE DIRECTLY FROM THE KICK, another player must touch the ball before it enters the goal)
- All kicks are in play when the ball moves
- Kicks can be in any direction
- All defending players must be at least 5 yards away from the ball
Kick-off: Can kick-off in any direction. To start game, Away team (Green) picks side and Home team (white) kicks off. You cannot score directly from a kick-off.
Kick-ins: THERE ARE NO THROW-INS. Ball is put into play by placing it on the side line where the ball went out and then kicking it in. You cannot score directly from kick-ins.
Free Kicks (except penalty kicks): Place ball where foul occurred except if within five (5) yards of the defending team’s goal box the ball is moved back five yards from the goal box. You cannot score directly from a free-kick.
Goal Kicks: May be taken from any point on the end line. You cannot score directly from a goal kick.
Corner Kicks: Are direct kicks, YOU CAN SCORE WITHOUT ANYONE ELSE TOUCHING THE BALL, taken from a corner where the end and side lines meet.
Penalty Kicks: Are direct kicks. Ball is placed on the center of the mid-line with all players from both teams behind the mid-line. If a goal is not scored, the defense gets the ball and restarts with a goal kick.
Off-sides: No off-sides
Slide Tackling: No slide tackling. If a player slides near another player a Free Kick is away to the opposing team.
Hand Ball: DELIBERATE handling of the ball that denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity results in a penalty kick and a yellow card. Other hand balls are indirect free kicks.
Scoring: Goals cannot be scored directly from Kick-offs, Kick-ins, Free Kicks (except penalty kicks), or Goal Kicks. A goal can only be scored if the ball is touched in the attacking half of the field before it enters the goal. For example:
- You kick the ball in your own half of the field, the ball does not touch any other player and goes into the other teams goal - No Goal, this results in a goal kick to the other team.
- You kick the ball in your own half of the field, the ball touches another player who is in the other team’s half of the field and then goes into the goal - Goal for your team.
- You kick the ball in the other team’s half of the field, the ball does not touch any player and goes into your own goal - No Goal, this results in a corner kick for the other team.
- You kick the ball from in the other team’s half of the field, the ball touches any other player who is in your team’s half of the field and goes into your own goal - Goal for the other team.
- You kick the ball in the other team’s half of the field into the other team's goal - Goal for your team.