Volunteering and the Volunteer Bond
WWPSA is volunteer run and depends on you to run its programs and maintain fields. To encourage volunteering, WWPSA charges one $50 volunteer bond per family per seasonal year (July through June). The $50 Volunteer Bond is automatically charged when you register the first youth player in a family for the seasonal year. The bond is credited to the family's account after the family fulfills a volunteer shift of at least 3 hours and will automatically be applied against a future registration. Refund will be made on request.
Volunteer opportunities are announced and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You sign-up, show up, and do the work. You forfeit your $50 Volunteer Bond for 2016/2017 if (1) you do not volunteer obligation by the end of June 2017 or (2) you sign up for a volunteer event and do not show. The bond in prior years was $75 it was reduce for 2016/2017 to $50.
Note: The Volunteer Bond obligation is separate from Travel parents’ responsibilities at the Sunburst Tournament and from Travel parents' responsibilities (except for Coaches/Managers) to help administer their team.
Examples of volunteer needs are:
- Board Members - to run WWPSA
- League Managers - to manage age specific leagues, form teams, etc.
- Coaches/Managers - to manage and run teams, games and practices
- Equipment - to help manage, maintain and distribute equipment to coaches
- Uniform - to help manage and distribute uniforms to players
- Picture Day - to help run picture day
- Trophy - to help manage and distribute trophies
- Administration - to help administer programs
- Special Events - to help run special events such as Sunburst, Goalfest and clinics
- Traffic - to help direct traffic
- Facilities - to help manage, set up, monitor and maintain fields
Click here to View Currently Available Volunteer Opportunities
If the page is blank there are currently no open volunteer opportunities. To sign up for an event click on the Sign Up button. Anyone (either parent, a sibling, etc.) can do the work but you will only be able to sign up for the event using the name of the parent who paid the volunteer bond. When you sign in for the event just sign next to the name of the parent whose name is listed on the sign-in sheet.
Presidential Service Awards
WWPSA is proud to announce it has been accepted as a qualifying volunteer service organization for the Presidential Service Awards.
You can earn a Volunteer Service Award by going to http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/volunteer and creating an account. After creating your account, click on your name at the top of the page to go to your page and then click on My Profile button on the left side, scroll down and click Add next to the Record of Service Key heading and enter the service key LLZ-63771 then click save to be associated with WWPSA, you can also associate yourself with other qualified organizations.