New Jersey Youth Soccer runs "Y" (Youth) Course through WWPSA!
As a member of New Jersey Youth Soccer, the West Windsor Plainsboro Soccer Association has arranged for you to take the NJYS “Y”outh Course.
The “Y” course is designed to provide the basic essentials to get you confidently prepared for the season. Coaches will come away from the course with a solid understanding of fundamental coaching principles and methods, and basic coaching responsibilities. The course is divided into a one hour classroom session followed by a two hour on field demonstration. The three-hour program meets the NJ State Minimum Standards for Volunteer Coaches Safety Orientation and Training Skills Programs and provides partial civil immunity protection to volunteer coaches under the Little League Law.
- Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017
- Time: 9 am-12 pm (please arrive a minimum of 10 minutes prior to check in)
- Location: Classroom: Princeton Meadow Church, 545 Meadow Road, Princeton, NJ 08540. Its directly adjacent to Duck Pond field where we will be holding the field portion Field Site 1 560 Meadow Road West Windsor 08550.
- Eligibility: Must be a minimum of 14 years of age
To prepare for the course, you must complete the pre course assignments below-all are found on the US Youth Soccer On Line Coaching Education Platform:
The US Youth Soccer Education Platform is in the process of being optimized for mobile. So you will have to use a laptop or desktop computer to take the online courses.
- go to https://education.usyouthsoccer.org/
- at the top of page you will see “Register”- go ahead and register (use your email address as your username)
- to access your account type in your email address as the user name
- type in your password
- click submit (you can edit/change your password, username and profile as needed)
- click Course Search – you will see a list of clinics and courses available and required – there are two selections for YOUTH COACHING MODULE NEW JERSEY YOUTH SOCCER – the first listed is for the U6-U8 Module the second is the U10-U12 click on the module that pertains to the age group you will be coaching (U6-U8 or U10-U12) - remember to also complete the CDC Concussion course it is NJ State Law!
- Next to Available Events/dates click on U6-U8 (or U10-U12) Youth Coaching Module Course @ WWPSA: 4/1/2017 - 4/1/2017
- Then scroll to the bottom and click “Register” and it should take you right to the start of the module
- Make sure to go completely to the very end of the module (there are 10 chapters, last one is the quiz at the very end following a video thanking you for taking the course)
- US Youth Soccer will send you out a confirmation for the in person part of course through your email address.
- Each module runs for 20 minutes, there are short check for understanding quizzes along the way-don’t worry they are very simple, but you must answer correctly to be able to move forward in the presentation. If you get any wrong the system will allow you to keep resubmitting a correct answer before moving on.
- Centers for Disease Control Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports online course. All coaches of youth sports in new Jersey are required to complete this training and maintain a copy of the certificate of completion with them while coaching.
You might also want to complete the free online training video Coaching Healthy Habits, produced by U.S. Youth Soccer and Healthy Kids Out of School. Reducing childhood obesity will involve coaches having players “Move More” and teaching them to “Drink Right”, and “Snack Smart.”
Once you have completed all pre course assignments and attended the entire scheduled course, US Youth Soccer will email you on how you can access and print out your certificate. NJYS will also be emailing you a quick survey to ask your opinion on the course and instruction. We ask that you please fill out this 2 minute survey and submit back to us as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you!